Sunday 4 March 2012

Coffee Education Follow-Up

I have mixed feelings about my last post.

On the one hand I want to defend it because it was a genuine outpouring of frustration and feedback from someone seeking to learn. It was not directed at anyone, but I probably also hoped it might reach those who are involved in providing learning opportunities. It would be wrong to hide those feelings.

On the other hand the post has, through resulting discussion, suggested to me that the SCAE is still young, and that maybe I'm expecting too much, too soon. That is what I've been told by some of those involved in the SCAE, as well as by some on coffee forums. I also know that the SCAE and SCAE-UK are administered primarily by volunteers.  Those volunteers... the existing ones, at least... some of them... seem to work very hard. This makes me feel guilty for my comments.

I'm going to leave it at that and delete the other three quarters of what I've written.  Things are not right though.

No comments:

Post a Comment