Wednesday 25 January 2012

UK Barista Championships

I'd mentioned to some of the guys on www.coffeeforums.co.uk that I was heading to London for some events related to the UKBC, and was asked if I'd be doing my usual lengthy report afterwards. So I wrote the following piece and Glenn kindly put it up on the website as an article.

The main thrust I wanted to get across was that competitions are not purely for those good enough to win first prize.  Wimbledon wouldn't be much of a competition if the only people taking part were Rafael  Nadal and Roger Federer. It would be a match, not a competition.  All competitions need competitors, of all levels, rising through the rankings as they get better and better.  And entering the competition is in  itself a catalyst for getting better.

Read the article here
(Please forgive the typos!)

2 comments:

  1. Great article, Mike, it passed me by for a while since it was on the homepage, not the forums. Which heat are you competing in? Scotland, or coming down to the SE?

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate :) Glasgow for me, in March. Would love to make it down to watch the London heats but too many things going on at the moment. Planning to be there in April come what may though.

      Delete