Friday 6 January 2012

Unclean Green Beans

On my trip to Bali coffee plantations last year I bought two small bags of green beans from the producers. I thought they might come in useful for practise roasts, since I'm planning to start home roasting soon.  The beans have been stored in a sealed bag until the other day, when I decided to transfer them to a plastic storage container.

I thought it might be interesting to compare their appearance with some greens that I bought recently from Hands On Coffee, a micro-roaster from Cornwall.  I got a bit of a shock!  I'm so glad I wasn't searched by HM Customs & Excise on my way back into the UK!! This video just goes to show the importance of sourcing your green beans well.

Does anyone know what these little buggers are? Coffee berry borer?



No comments:

Post a Comment